Saturday, 26 May 2012

Restaurant Review - Chomp Vegan Eatery

In a matter of about 10 days I had 2 people, both not vegan at all, tell me about this place, raving about the child friendliness, the decor, and the food, so I must say I was intrigued. As it was we were going to be in the area for a dance recital rehearsal so I felt it was a visit that was meant to be.

We visited at about 4pm on a weekday, so the restaurant was quiet. My elder daughter said it was less of a "restaurant" than a "cafe", but both girls (and myself) were impressed by the cleanliness, the bright and cheerful decor, the cute mismatched colourful chairs, cool art work (all for sale for charity), books, board games, and comfy seating area with little kid friendly toys. I didn't have reason to visit myself but I was imformed the bathrooms were clean as well.

Service was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I asked about allergen free options (a friend of R's has multiple food allergies) and they were able to recommend dishes. The girls shared a Mini Cheese Pizza (Daiya) - menu is here - and had a Monster Cookie each. I think they could have shared the cookie too as it was about the size of the pizza! I had the Fiery Thai Tofu Bowl, and it was very tasty. The rice noodles were a touch glumpy, but this didn't detract from my enjoyment of the (not too hot) fiery peanut based sauce and tender tofu.

If you're in the area of Port Moody I heartily recommend a visit to Chomp Vegan Eatery, where everything is not only vegan, but gluten free (and delicious) as well. If you're in downtown Vancouver its not too hard to get to on transit (skytrain to Lougheed Town Centre then the 97 B Line bus to Port Moody), and is walkable (a longish walk but not too far) to Rocky Point Park so you could make a day of it.

I recieved nothing free for this review - though would be happy to do so!!

2 comments:

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

sounds like a great restaurant! the fiery thai tofu bowl sounds delicious! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Quality is bad. Don't waste your time with this one.